Chocolate pancakes was the recipe I was wanting to try out for some time now. I just couldn’t find time to make them. I really love rich, long breakfast meals but for my often over-busy family they are just impossible.
But now that the weather got a little bit colder and we are more often willing to cocoon in our home in the weekends, long breakfast is a must. So here comes chocolate pancakes. In this version they even are vegan!! How cool is that?
Yield: 2 pancakes
- 168gr cocoa almond milk
- 88gr self rising flour
- 24γρ brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp margarine & 2 cubes for serving
- maple syrup for serving
- In a deep bowl mix all ingredients except for the margarine and mix to get an even batter.
- It should be runny
- In a small frying pan (diam 18cm) melt half tsp of margarine.
- Place in the pan half of the batter with a deep soup spoon.
- As soon there are bubbles on the surface of the pancake, its ready to be flipped (about 2 minutes).
- Fry on the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Carry on with the rest of the batter.
- Place the margarine cubes and the maple syrup on top and serve