Katerina proposed these ingredients for this week’s food challenge: minced meat, oat flakes, oregano or thyme. Thanks Katerina, I really wanted to taste you oat flakes taste in burgers!! The recipe was already on my mind! Let’s check it out:
Food Challenge - Burgers with Oat Flakes
Yield: 10 medium burgers
- 670gr non fat minced pork meat
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 3 tsp olive oil
- sea salt
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients
- Cover with food plastic wrap and leave it aside for two hours
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees Celsius
- Cover an oven pan with cooking paper. Make around 10 medium sized burgers not to thick.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes
It was freezing cold when I made the burgers so I left the mixture out of the fridge. It the weather is warm you must refrigerate.
This was the fifth food challenge! I really enjoyed it! I am really looking forward to the next one!