Don’t be fooled by the title. This is not a clean eating recipe. It’s just broccoli and quinoa hacked. I always try to find ways for Yiannis to eat some broccoli since he totally hates it on its own. Check another yummy broccoli recipe here. I, on the other hand, totally love broccoli just steemed with some lemon drops. I am so pleased that you love it also, judging from the appeal my broccoli pic had on instagram
There are no words to describe how fluffy and yummy this casserole is… It is dinner out of the ordinary but the flavor seems so familiar and comforty… I juste loved it. Let’s check out step by step the recipe and dare to try it for yourself. Don’t get afraid of the broccoli… it is just divine!
Yield: 4 με 6 persons
- 114gr white quinoa raw
- 288gr water
- 1 broccoli (approx. 540gr)
- 150gr bacon
- 250ml heavy cream
- 200gr mozzarella grated
- In a inox strainer wash through the quinoa.
- Place in a small pan with the water and sea salt at high heat.
- A soon as the water statrs boiling, lower the heat and cover the pan.
- Let it slow cook for about 15 to 17 minutes until the water evaporates.
- In the meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Using scissors cut the top of the broccoli.
- Steam the for about 10 minutes just to get a little tender but still crunchy.
- Chop the bacon and cook it in a frying pan for a few minutes.
- In an oven pan pour the heavy cream and on top the cooked quinoa.
- Add the bacon
- Spread the steamed broccoli.
- On top spread the mozzarella.
- Using a spoon mix the ingredients
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden