The mini Pavlovas were the dessert of our family Christmas meal (check it out here). These fluffy and light as air sweets were definitely a hit on our table. If you want to read more about the origin of this dessert you can read here more.
In my version I used chocolate meringue and my beloved red fruits (raspberries to be more exact). The crème is Nutella based and so so yummy.
So, how do you like my photos? Can you any difference? Santa came for me early (in Greece Santa comes during New Year’s Eve) and brought me a fantastic micro lence for my camera!! So excited !!
With this recipe I would like to wish you Happy New Year and all the best for you and your loved ones. Remember life is short, lick the bowl!! See you on 2016!
Yield: 16 pieces
- 4 egg whites in room temperature
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 tbsp Dutch type cocoa
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp crème of tartar
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1can of vegetable cream 250gr
- 4tbsp Nutella
- 100gr dark cooking chocolate
- 200gr raspberries fresh or unfrozen
- Raspberry or chocolate syrup
- Prepare the oven at 120o Celsius
- Beat the egg whites in a standing mixer until they become white
- Pour in the vanilla, sugar and crème of tartar and keep beating until we get a firm meringue
- Add the cocoa and gently mix with a silicon spatula
- In a large tall bowl place a plastic bag and fill in with the meringue.
- Place parchment paper on a shallow oven pan
- Form mini round shapes with the meringue and bake for 90minutes
- Keep the oven door closed until the meringues cool off completely
- Store the meringues in a well-sealed box
- With a potato peeler cut the chocolate in flakes
- For the cream beat the crème with the Nutella to get an even mixture
- Place the mixture in a large plastic zip bag as we did for the meringues
- Just before serving, place an amount of cream above each meringue, add the chocolate flakes, the syrup and the raspberries.