It’s finally this time of the year where the fireplace pics appear all over the social media. We haven’t yet used our own fireplace. However I love watching other fireplaces all fired up and toes snuggling in front of them. What about a hot soup in front of the fireplace? Especially one full of colour and aroma ? This post soup gathers some of my favourite ingredients: mushrooms, lime and turmeric. Heavy cream has been replaced with coconut milk. So much better to digest I may add.
Next time you will be looking for a hot comforting easy dinner, try out my soup. You won’t regret it!!
Coconut Milk Turmeric Soup
Yield: 4 persons
A light yet powerful veggie soup with turmeric and mushrooms
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 400gr white mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 580ml coconut milk
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black sesame
- 2 cardamon seeds
- sea salt
- vegetable broth
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- In a medium pot heat up the sesame oil.
- Add in the mushrooms, the garlic powder and a bit of sea salt and cook for a few minutes at high temperature.
- Pour in the lime juice, lower the heat to medium and add the coconut milk, turmeric, the black sesame, the cardamon seeds, the coconut sugar and the vegetable broth and cook at low gire for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cardamon seeds and serve