The dish above is a recipe created in front of the refrigerator of my local super market. That day was me and Yiannis wedding anniversary and I wanted to prepare a surpise dinner. Everything would be easier if I had just thought of it some days earlier. On the other hand, my last minute decision made it a real surprise. We were planning on going out for dinner but I made the switch and decided to make a special dinner just for the two of us. Problem 1: I worked until late Problem 2: I had to go and shop everything from the super market. Good thing I was so determined to pull it off nothing could stop me 😉 . The only thing solved was the babysitting of Penelope that was already arranged.
So here I was in front of the counters of my local super market wondering what I could make for dinner. I was thinking of something exotic, tasty and suitable for hot weather. Oh seafood is Yianni’s favorite. Ok shrimps in the basker and some cashew nuts. Some sushi would also be great. And for dessert what? OMG I do not have the time to prepare all these!! I had to proceed in some decision making: sushi was bought already made. Also, I bought the salad already washed and chopped to make some more time. I was ready to buy some dessert as well but then I remember a super yummy coctail I saw in Pinterest. Repined it , checked the ingredients (I had them already back home) and run to the cashier thing of the recipe I was going to make shorlty. Oh ! I also bought some martini glassed for the coctails’ presentation ( I am crazy I know). I bougth them from this store.
As soon as I reached my house, I changed in something more nice ( a red dress) and started immediately making dinner. Set the table and light all candles and then started cooking. The first thing was to prepare the coctails, I placed the sushi in plates an prepared the salad. I wanted to give it an extra edge so I added some black seedless grapes and a lemon vinaigrette made with organinc apple cider . And then I cooked the pasta. And it was super nice and yummy. Everyone was happy. All except me that I had to clean up the mess in my kitchen the next morning.
I want to wish Happy Anniverary to my hubby and to tell you that if you set your mind on something you can make it nomatter what ! ( so Coelho says 🙂 )
Yield: 2 plates
- 250gr linguini or spaghetti
- 1 vegetable stock
- 150gr precooked shrimps without the shell
- 150gr precooked shrimps with the shell
- 20 cashew nuts unsalted
- 3 tbs coconut oil (used the Barleans's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 1 shot masticha liqueur
- ¼ t curry powder
- 200gr heavey cream (used low fat)
- sea salt
- In a deep large pot pour water just above the middle. Place the stock and boil in high temperature
- As soon as the water reaches the boiling point pour some sea salt and insert the pasta. Cook according to the timing suggested on the package. Don't close the pot and keep the temperature in max.
- In a large pan pour the coconut oil and cook the shrimps and the cashew nuts until the shrimps have a light gold color in high temperature.
- Pour in the liqueur shot and lower the temperature in almost minimum.
- Add the cream, the curry powder and the sea salt.
- As soon as the pasta are strained, add them in the pan with the rest of the ingredients and mix all ingredients.
- Serve immediately